inspiration board (a tutorial)

Like many of you, I craft, I sew, I create…and I hoard fabric, ribbon, and pretty things, ad infinitum. I’ve wanted an inspiration board of some sort for a while now, but just wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted it to be.

Enter an empty frame I had lying around, some twine, and a couple of clothespins, and roughly 20 minutes later I had this…

inspiration board (a tutorial)
Materials:
empty frame
jute twine (ribbon or rope would work too!)
staple gun
clothespins

Step 1: Take your empty frame (I got mine from Michaels, but Hobby Lobby has a large selection as well), turn it to the back, decide how many “rows” you want, and mark where you want your twine to be attached. Attach your twine to each side of your frame with your means of choice. I used a staple gun, but you could also tap a nail into the frame and tie your piece of twine to that. Make sure your twine is pulled taut before attaching to other side.

inspiration board (a tutorial)

Step 2: I decorated my clothepins with an acrylic stamp…but you could use glitter, paint, or whatever you had on hand! Hang on wall, organize your pretties, and that’s it!

inspiration board (a tutorial)
Thanks for reading!
linking to:

ad inspiration board (a tutorial)  cts inspiration board (a tutorial)  fb inspiration board (a tutorial)

You Might Also Like:

Comments

1. Allison Shops says:

Cut idea. I just bought a board for DD2's laundry room or I could have used this one! Hope you'll come see the picture wall I helped DD2 create in her home.

Allison
    Atticmag

2. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style says:

What a great idea. I think I will copy this one if you don't mind. I have the frame, twine, and clothes pins. Thanks for the inspiration.

3. Annie Wilcox Designs says:

I have one in my bathroom by the window and all of my jewels. None of my kids can get to it. Thanks for sharing.

4. I made something like this but I did it the hard way…staple gun and twine would have been much easier!!! Yours looks beautiful.

5. Ali Richardson says:

Beautiful!! I made one of these for My Christmas cards and I kept it up after the holidays to hold photos, recipes, inspiration, you name it! Thanks for sharing ;)

6. Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture says:

great idea

7. High Street Cottage says:

This is adorable! Love the clothes pins as well, makes it easy. And charming. Stopping over from Sarah's at A Beach Cottage. Happy Wednesday, tami

8. What an adorable idea! I just bought yesterday some cute Shabby Chic clothespins, and now I know what to do with them! Thanks

Angie
    Linen + Verbena

9. abeachcottage says:

wow I love this! I would like to have a go at this for my study makeover

thanks for joining my party too

10. Wow, this looks so great, I have plenty of old frames I could make over to look like this, thanks for sharing!

11. Undeserving Grace says:

What a terrific idea. I had an idea for making some time type of inspiration board and cut out some words and small photos from magazines before chunking them but never put them together. I'll have to try this out when I'm having my next crafting session. Thanks for sharing. Now following from undeserving grace
    Join me when you get the chance!
    -tara

12. great idea and it turned out fabulous!! Thanks for sharing, so gonna have to borrow this idea!! Have a wonderful day.

xoxo,
    Ellen

13. Pattie @ Olla-Podrida says:

This is GREAT! I have long wanted to make both a vision board and an inspiration board. I think you've encouraged me to start!

14. tales from an oc cottage says:

Oh my! I just want to eat that up! {is that wrong? ;}

m ^..^

15. Shannon @ The House Creative says:

Good idea. Its SOOOOOOO nice to know I am not the only fabric hoarder. lol!

16. Laura Ingalls Gunn says:

This is completely adorable! Well done!

I have a cute valentine tutorial featuring tp rolls on my blog. Stop by and take a peek.

17. Carrie at In the Hammock Blog says:

i love this!! i have been wanting to make an inspiration board lately!

18. Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming says:

Such a great idea – looks fabulous. I love the felt heart too! Hope you are enjoying your weekend ~ Stephanie Lynn

Trackbacks

1. websites says:

Great website…

[...]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[...]……