I don’t know what’s come over me, exactly, but I’ve been trying new recipes like crazy over the last couple of weeks. Most I’ve found on Pinterest, and have adapted to our own tastes. I’m sharing two of my very favorite with you all today! Have you found a great new recipe lately? Leave the link in the comments, I’d love to try it!
Summer Garden Pasta
Adapted from Ina Garten
photo via dreamy dish
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes, halved (I used a combination of red and orange)
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegarette
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 18 large basil leaves, julienned, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Combine the tomatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil, balsamic, garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours.
Just before you’re ready to serve, bring a large pot of water with a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to the directions on the package (be careful – it only takes 2 to 3 minutes!). Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
from recipe tips
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine – softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese – softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon – grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, blend dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg.
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan, ungreased.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually blend in the powdered sugar.
- Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture and refrigerate it for later use.
- Beat the remaining 2 eggs, add the vanilla, and then beat this mixture into the remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Spread over the cake mixture.
- Bake at 350° until set, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Spread the reserved cream cheese mixture onto the bars.
- Refrigerate until firm; then cut into squares and serve.